Posted on 29th March 2018
2 organic or free range eggs
4 button mushrooms, diced
1/4 red bell pepper, diced
1/2 teaspoon of mixed dried herbs
thumb size piece of feta (optional)
2 tsp olive oil
1 tbsp saurkraut
1/2 ripe avocado
- Whisk the eggs with a fork or whisk, then mix the rest of the ingredients into the egg mixture.
- Heat a small shallow pan to medium heat, adding the olive oil.
- Pour in the egg mixture and leave cook for about 8 minutes, or until the bottom is firm.
- Place pan under the grill for about 3 minutes, keeping an eye not to burn it, but just leave it in until golden brown.
- Carefully remove from the pan, using a fish slice/spatula.
- Garnish with saurkraut and avocado for added gut healthy properties.
- This can easily be made the day before, by leaving the grilling part till the morning or doing the full process and packing it sliced for a quick and delicious packed lunch.