Pecan banana bread
Posted on 22nd June 2017
3 cups pecan nuts
½ tsp cream of tartar
½ tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
4 free range or organic eggs (or substitute)
1 large ripe banana
2 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celsius.
- Place the pecan nuts in a blender or food processor to form a grainy meal.
- Place in a bowl with the other dry ingredients.
- Place the banana, eggs, oil and honey in a blender and process until smooth. Pour into the dry ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Spoon into a lined loaf pan and bake for 40-45 minutes until firm to touch.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes before turning out.
- Slice and serve warm with nut butter, ghee or gut healing spread (see recipe on next page)